10.03.2008

Stepping up to challenges

One of the neat things about challenges is that it always gives you the opportunity to step up to a place that you may have never journeyed before. My challenge today was creating a Facebook page. After being challenged by a peer to set-up a page, I thought I'd give it a try. It's amazing how many friends I connected with in a very short time. In my arena of ministry, having the best communication tools are critical. I've already noticed that Facebook may give me another resource in the recruiting of church planters. After getting started with Facebook I was curious to how much church planters could benefit from this tool. My recent searches regarding church planting connected me to many networks and individuals who are out there plugging away in this arena. I've also noticed how many exisiting churches have created pages and networks to help communicate with their parishoners. I may be a little late in getting connected to Facebook, but it has already shown me that the 3 hour challenge of getting the page created, may pay great dividends down the road. So, if your a church planter, and you haven't created a Facebook page, I would highly recommend you take a few hours to create and connect to this amazing technological tool. Step up to the challenge, you may be amazed to who connects with you!

No comments: