11.21.2008

Holiday downtime

Holidays are an excellent time for a church planter to recoup his energy and spend valuable time with his family. If you're church planting I would encourage to downshift your energies during this time. After the holidays come and go, the demands of ministering and planting in the winter don't get easier, they get harder. In my church planting experience I noticed as long as people were preoccupied with the festivities of the holidays they were not focused on themselves and their issues. But, once January 2nd came, this quickly changed. The antidote for this annual occurrence for me was to slow down and take it easy over the holidays. When I did this it helped give me the energy that I needed to deal with the "winter blues" that quickly enveloped people. So, slow it down a bit over the next month, spend some time with the family, and get some rest. . . January will be here before you know it.

No comments: